Hygiene is two-thirds of health, and it plays a significant role in building your confidence.
Have you ever experienced skipping bath time because you’re too rushed to go somewhere else?
Have you ever had those days when your self-esteem is too low because you forgot to put on perfume? Or because your clothes are not ironed well?
Have you felt extremely irritated during your period because you forgot to change whatever menstrual product you’re using?
If yes, that’s because you missed something from your hygiene routine. Don’t worry, we have some of those days too. Just don’t make it a habit because each time you forget to cross something off your hygiene care, a percentage of your confidence drops too.
Importance of hygiene in self-esteem
- Proves that you care for yourself — all those efforts and daily routines that you make in order to maintain proper hygiene are also a form of self-love. In addition, caring for your hygiene is also caring for your health.
- Makes you more confident in social situations — proper hygiene makes interacting with other people easier and more enjoyable. You don’t have to feel shy about anything because you know in yourself that you maintained your hygiene care for the day.
- Shows that you respect others too — good hygiene can prevent the spread of germs and bacteria to other people.
Feminine hygiene tips to boost your self-esteem
1. Have your daily grooming checklist
Grooming is a natural routine for women. However, there are days you may tend to overlook one part of your hygiene care, particularly when you’re loaded with tasks or your mind is preoccupied with a lot of things.
To save time in thinking about what to do next in your hygiene care, here’s a checklist to guide you. Feel free to add more if you like:
- Regular bathing. Because skipping baths can lead to dry skin, fungal infections, and skin infections.
- Brush your teeth after every meal, or at least twice a day. And don’t forget to floss.
- Brush your hair and use gentle hair care products.
- Check your nails daily. Trimming can be done once a week, but you need to check your nails daily because they are prone to getting dirty easily.
- Wash your hands as often as you can.
- Wear a perfume that is not too strong.
- Wear comfortable and well-ironed clothes.
- Bring wipes, alcohol, or sanitizer with you every time you go outside. They always come in handy, especially in cleaning and disinfecting your hands.
2. Have proper hygiene down there
Your private area is very delicate. Make sure you have proper hygiene down there to prevent diseases and infections such as bacterial vaginosis, yeast infection, and urinary tract infection.
Poor hygiene down there can also cause unwanted smell and itchiness that can lower your confidence.
To take care of your feminine area, use all-natural products when washing your delicate parts. Plus, always wipe from front to back, and be careful when using public comfort rooms.
3. Observe careful hygiene during visits from Aunt Flo
During that time of the month, mood swings, discomfort, and cramps are the primary reasons why you usually feel lazy to move.
However, these are the times that you need to pay more attention to your hygiene in order to prevent menstrual problems that are caused by poor hygiene.
That being said, change your tampons, pads, and undies often so you can feel more comfortable and refreshed. If you’re using a menstrual cup, always sterilize it before using.
You may also take a hot bath to help relax the tensed muscles, ease menstrual cramps, and provide natural relief for other period symptoms such as back pain and headache.
4. Increase your probiotics intake
Probiotics are very important for women’s health because they provide plenty of benefits to your digestive and skin health.
Probiotics also help women who are suffering from frequent UTI episodes and yeast infections.
Therefore, eat more probiotic-rich foods like yogurt, kefir, kimchi, miso soup to boost your probiotic intake.
You can also incorporate our Women’s Probiotics into your daily self-care routine for your complete balanced protection down there. This supplement has antibacterial properties and is formulated with UTI & feminine health support blend to promote healthy urinary tract, as well as to help prevent yeast infection.
5. Have regular feminine checkups
The assumption of “I think there’s something wrong with my health” can lower your confidence too.
If something is bothering you concerning your body and health, get yourself checked. As a part of feminine care and hygiene, there are specific tests or health checkups that you should do to ensure you’re keeping track of your health well.
Do regular visits to your gynecologist, and have an annual mammography test, pelvic examination, and PAP smear.
Proper hygiene is not just about discipline, it is also an expression of love and regard for all lives around us.
Follow the tips mentioned above and make them part of your regular self-care routine so you can be more confident inside out.
- 14 Daily Habits of Beautiful and Confident People
- 10 Simple Tips to Look Your Best Even Without Makeup
- 10 Easy Ways to Look Good and Feel Good
- Take Care Of You: 8 Intentions to Love Yourself More
- What Social Anxiety Looks Like and How to Solve It
LIKED THIS POST? SHARE IT ON SOCIAL!