2023 is coming! A time for inspirational dreams. Yet more importantly, a time to set your goals to see another set of dreams turn into reality.
This year has filled us with a mix of wonderful memories and challenges. It may be quite difficult to say goodbye to 2022, but next year is another chapter to look forward to.
You can always be excited about the future, because the past won’t mind. Just make sure you bring all the lessons with you, and don’t forget who you proudly became this year as you enter 2023.
Big journeys always begin with small steps. So never underestimate the little changes you do, for they will make a big impact someday.
Here are eight small ways you can do everyday, that will get you closer to the big changes you want in 2023:
1. Decide what you really want to do and who you really want to be
You know yourself better than anyone else, and only you can determine your greatest potential.
It’s hard to change if you don’t know where to start and what kind of changes you want to make. So before you list your goals and new year's resolutions, think carefully and ask these questions to yourself:
- “Is this who I really am?” Because someone might be pushing you to become someone you’re really not.
- “Is this what I really want?” Because you may be too pressured of other’s success that makes you want to shift your goals.
- “Will this make me better?” Don’t fix something that is not broken. You don’t need to change the whole you. The goal is to make a better version of yourself.
The answer to these three questions should be yes. Because if not, rethink your goals and dreams. Chances are, you may be fulfilling someone else’s dreams, not yours.
2. Be braver
If you have any fears this year, now’s the perfect time to face them little by little.
One of the most common, yet biggest fear people have is the fear of failure and stepping out of their comfort zone. Why? It’s because these two bring discomfort, and not everyone is prepared to embrace discomforts.
Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone. If you experience hardships and challenges, that’s fine. It means you’re growing and learning new experiences. Remember, experience is the best teacher. Because if you’re not making mistakes, you’re not moving forward.
Be brave to step out of your comfort zone and don’t be afraid to experience discomfort sometimes. Things don’t always go according to plan. Therefore, hope for the best, but be ready for the worst. Not all people are brave enough to do this, and the ones who do usually end up being the most successful ones.
If you really want to make bigger changes in life next year, be bolder and braver.
3. Set a more realistic expectation
Sometimes, no matter how hard you work for something, you still can’t make it happen. And it’s not because you lack the skill or potential. It’s because the deadline for that goal doesn’t go well with the plan.
Make sure to use the SMART method for proper goal setting so you can organize and reach your goals efficiently and realistically.
Don’t expect too much, rather try your best in whatever you do through passion and dedication. And no matter what happens, always prepare for the storm. Results will come afterwards.
4. Identify the things that can potentially hold you back
Another braver thing to do is to embrace your flaws and identify your weaknesses. Usually, most people get mad if someone criticizes them. Or they get insecure if they find out their imperfections.
No one is perfect. Everyone has flaws, even your idol. When you see someone successful and are living their life to the fullest, it’s because they chose to be. It means they have encountered difficult things in life (sometimes the most difficult ones) and chose to face them bravely.
A part of that is also identifying the things that are holding them back from achieving their dreams. And as previously stated, since you know yourself better than anyone else, only you can also identify your weaknesses and imperfections. Which are also highly important if you want to change and become better.
Ask these questions to yourself again:
- Are you addicted to social media? If yes, then start decreasing your social media time, as this can lead to higher expectations. Or delaying of tasks.
- Do you procrastinate a lot? If yes, then start changing this bad habit because procrastination is always the thief of time. You can never bring back time, therefore every second counts.
- Do you beat yourself up to self-discrimination or negative self-talk every time you fail? If yes, always remember that humans are bound to make mistakes. Go easy on yourself and practice more positive affirmations.
- Do you compare yourself to others? If yes, then stop this mindset as early as you can. A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. Rather, it just blooms naturally and beautifully in its own time. You will never grow if you compare yourself to others. Instead, focus your time and energy on becoming the best version of yourself.
5. Go the distance
You have to think big to be big. Because you are capable more than you know.
No dream is too big, and no dreamer is too small. Always think long term, but make it sure you have short-term goals first.
Process exists in everything we do. Having short-term goals will prepare you for new learnings and experiences so you will be more ready for the big things ahead.
6. Learn to let go
You can’t fly if you’re holding the baggage of yesterday.
If you want to make bigger changes in your life, learn to let go of these three things:
- Regrets (from all the what ifs and frustrations)
- Burden (from continuously blaming yourself and from the people that hurt you)
- People that discourage you or destroy your inner peace
Keep in mind that when you let go of the excess baggage, more amazing things will happen.
7. Always make time to reflect and evaluate
Self-reflection is the school of wisdom and it is one of the most powerful tools of success.
In everything you do, whether the results are good or bad, always make time to reflect and evaluate.
Reflecting will help you develop more of your skills and allow the brain to untangle or sort things out through observations and experiences. It is about evaluating yourself, but in a more positive way, so you will know why you must accomplish things, and how you would do it the most efficient way.
8. Invite your family and friends on board
Success is happier on the top together with the people you love, because no one does anything great alone.
Being successful is one thing, but making others successful is quite another. Invite your family and friends to be a part of your success journey by asking support from them and encouraging them to do these eight tips as well.
Who knows? You can be a part of other’s life-changing stories too.
Leave the pain, sorrows, and sadness behind, and let us all welcome this new year with a smile.
And as you enter the new year, fill it with gratitude. For this is another chance to create your dreams and live more beautifully.
Happy New Year from the Purely Optimal family!
- 9 Tips to Start the New Year Right
- How to Live a Healthy and Productive Lifestyle This Year
- Ditch New Year’s Resolutions: Start Healthy Habits That Last Instead!
- How to Subconsciously Program Your Mind to Reach Your Goals
- The 5 Best Goal-Setting Tips That Will Change Your Life
LIKED THIS POST? SHARE IT ON SOCIAL!