Berberine: A Powerful Supplement With Many Benefits
Berberine is a bioactive compound that can be extracted from certain plants like European barberry, tree turmeric, goldenseal, Oregon grape, goldthread, phellodendron, and including a group of Berberis shrubs.
Due to its yellow color, some people use it as a dye. In traditional Chinese medicine, it is used to treat various ailments and health problems. While in modern science, it has been tested in many different studies because of its potential benefits in improving symptoms of high blood pressure and high levels of cholesterol.
Berberine also helps regulate how the body uses sugar in the blood, kills bacteria, relieves burns, strengthens the heartbeat, and reduce swelling.
How Berberine Works
After berberine is ingested and absorbed by the body, it is then transported into the bloodstream as it travels to the body’s cells.
When inside the cells, the molecular targets change their function. This process is similar to how pharmaceutical drugs work. But one of the primary roles of berberine is to activate the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) — a certain type of enzyme that is also referred to as the ‘metabolic master switch’.
This enzyme plays an essential role in regulating metabolism, which can be found in some organs too, including heart, brain, liver, kidney, and muscle.
Berberine’s Health Benefits
MAINTAINS HEALTHY BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS
Type 2 diabetes is one of the most common and serious diseases in the recent decades. Many people don’t know it, but it causes millions of death every year.
Type 2 diabetes is caused by elevated glucose levels that occur due to lack of insulin or insulin resistance. If not prevented or treated early, over time, a high blood sugar levels can damage some organs and tissues, leading to critical health problems or death.
Berberine is linked to significantly reducing high blood sugar levels, which can be advantageous for people with type 2 diabetes condition. It can even be compared to the drug metformin.
REDUCES THE RISK OF HEART DISEASE & HEART FAILURE
Heart attack and heart disease don’t only occur on older people, it can happen to younger individuals as well.
There are plenty of factors that are associated with heart disease, and among those are high blood sugar levels, obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, and an unhealthy diet. All these can be improved by supplementing your diet with berberine.
MAY CONTRIBUTE TO WEIGHT LOSS
Berberine supplements can also help you lose weight. The compound present in it can improve the function of leptin, adiponectin, and insulin — which are all fat-regulating hormones.
Berberine also helps prevent the growth of fat cells, therefore contributing to healthy weight management.
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS OF BERBERINE:
- Canker sores: berberine also comes in gel forms, which can be applied topically to reduce oozing, pain, and redness associated with canker sores
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory: certain studies have shown the potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of berberine
- Diabetes: taking berberine orally can help reduce blood sugar levels to people suffering from diabetes
- Fatty liver: berberine can help decrease the liver’s fat build-up, thus protecting it from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): berberine supplement can help improve triglyceride levels, lower waist to hip ratio, and reduce testosterone levels in people who have PCOS
- Fight off infections: berberine has the potential to combat harmful microorganisms such as bacteria, parasites, viruses, and fungi
Purely Optimal’s Berberine — your key to true rejuvenation from the inside out
Aside from regulating healthy blood lipid levels, providing anti-inflammation support, and contributing to healthy weight loss, our Berberine supplement can also provide you with the following health benefits:
- Promotes a healthy heart
- Protects the gastrointestinal system against leaky gut, inflammation, and toxins
- Helps restore the balance in blood pressure, glucose, and cholesterol levels
- Promotes the growth of good bacteria in the gut flora and digestive tract
- Supports better metabolism
- Improves utilization of fats for energy
- Provides better digestion and nutrient absorption
Get our Berberine supplement now for your natural path to healthy living!
Here are 5-star reviews from our customers who have purchased our Berberine
From Heather Bullock
“The Berberine has not cause any side effects and does seem to lower blood sugar levels. Easy to swallow and the best part you only have to take it once a day.”
From Breanna Love❤
“This product is Amazing! It helped me loose weight and helped get my hormones in check. I have PCOS and it’s helped when nothing else would. I didn’t notice any side effects. I also have high blood pressure and it has helped lower it.”
From Jasmine Hicks
“Love this brand , I am now taking a lower dose of metformin :)”