Do you have a lot of things to do every day but still want to engage in fitness activities?
Do you want an active lifestyle but don’t know where to start?
Do you often wonder what is the best time of the day to workout?
The answers to your questions are these two words: “morning” and “checklist”.
The best time to exercise (as shared by pros) is in the morning. This is because you’ll get your workout done before you proceed with your daily tasks. Moreover, exercising releases endorphins which triggers a positive feeling in your body.
Truth to be told, if you have too many things to do, you won’t have time to exercise anymore. And as an adult, it’s really difficult to balance your social life, career, family, and self-care. You have too many errands to do daily, so fitness just becomes an option.
This is where checklists come in. A checklist will help you stay organized and prevent you from skipping any important steps during the process.
Don’t say later, because that later might become tomorrow. Start now! Because if not now, then when?
Let us help you start your day right as we give you this checklist that helps lock in your fitness routine into your daily schedule..
- Make your bed
- Don’t check your phone
- Drink water
- Prepare your healthy breakfast
- Rest for 20-30 minutes
- Play your favorite workout playlist
- Begin your daily workout routine
- Drink water again
- Have a refreshing bath
- Dress up & be ready for your day
- Make your bed. A room always looks untidy if the bed is messy. Start your day right with this simple act of discipline.
- Don’t check your phone. One key to being productive is to stay away from your phone. Social media will consume your time. You won’t just browse for 5 minutes. Because on average, you’ll spend 10-15 minutes browsing on your phone. Be productive by using this time to meditate instead.
- Meditate. Don’t rush to your activities yet. Relax your mind first by doing 5-10 minutes of meditation. This will help clear out your mind, attract good energy, and create a positive mindset for the day.
- Drink a glass of room temperature water. Drinking water in the morning will help jumpstart your metabolism, refresh your body, and boost your energy.
- Prepare your breakfast. Opt for breakfast recipes that will keep you fully energized for the day. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So don't skip it!
- Rest for 30 minutes before you exercise. You can review your exercise routine too so you will have a smooth workout once you start.
- Play your favorite workout playlist to get pumped up. Working out is more fun if you do it with upbeat songs. You can also subscribe to Chloe Ting’s YouTube channel for more home workout routines.
- Begin your workout/exercise program. Make sure you’re wearing your workout clothes, you have a water bottle beside you in case you need to drink, have a yoga mat to prevent you from slipping, and all the necessary equipment you need.
- Drink water. After you’re done with your workout routine, rest and don’t forget to stay hydrated. Drink lots of water to replenish the lost fluids in your body from sweating.
- Take a refreshing bath. Depending on the weather, you can take a bath with warm or cold water. But experts recommend that warm water is more preferable to relax your muscles after a workout. But if the weather is too hot, you can use cold water to freshen up.
- Get dressed. Put on some nice and comfortable clothes, depending on what the season is. Matching your style with the weather is one of the best ways to look great and feel confident.
Get up every morning and say “I can do this!” Commit to being fit by following this simple checklist to make your fitness journey easier and more achievable.