Breakfast Recipes That Will Keep You Fully Energized for the Day
An excellent breakfast is the start of an excellent day!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Why? It is where you get your energy from since you haven’t eaten for long hours since your night's sleep.
On top of that, breakfast may help decrease your risk of obesity, overeating, heart disease, and diabetes. It also lowers the level of bad cholesterol, as well as improves your concentration and focus.
But as important as breakfast is, some people skip it due to the morning rush. Others are running out of breakfast ideas, that’s why they just keep eating the same meal every morning, or just opt to buy food outside.
Nourishing your body with a healthy breakfast will help improve your energy levels, mood, and productivity. And these are the things you need to start the day right.
If you’re running out of breakfast ideas, here are foods you can add to your breakfast, plus 30 easy meal recipes that will keep you fully energized for the day:
Foods that give you energy
- Eggs - eggs are high in protein and healthy fats. Eating just one egg will already give you 7 grams of high-quality protein, 75 calories, and 5 grams of healthy fats. Alongside that is iron, carotenoids, and vitamins & minerals.
- Oatmeal - oatmeal is a common breakfast. But did you know why? It’s because oatmeal is high in carbohydrates which can be easily converted to fuel for energy.
- Greek yogurt - Greek yogurts are high in probiotics. You need it so your gut will stay healthy, which will prevent tummy troubles that can drain your energy.
- Berries - who doesn’t love them? If you don’t, you better start eating some because they are high in antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber.
- Chia seeds - these seeds are becoming more and more popular. They are high in fiber and would go well with any recipe. You can even just add them in water and drink.
- Avocado - avocados go well with salad, toast, and other recipes. A versatile fruit that contains healthy fats, vitamins and minerals, potassium, and folate.
- Papaya - a delicious tropical fruit that is also a rich source of vitamins A and C, plus fiber and antioxidants
- Quinoa - people are substituting rice with quinoa, while some just mix it in their salad. Quinoa is made of healthy fats, fiber, antioxidants, and protein.
- Coconut - coconut has everything you need in one. It already has flesh for food and juice to drink. And not just that, they are good for digestion and balancing sugar levels. It will also give you fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
30 fast, energy-boosting breakfast recipes
- Avocado toast with sunny side up egg. Sprinkle your eggs with bits of Nori seaweed or spinach. If you’re a cheese lover, you can sprinkle it with parmesan or blue cheese.
- Berry and yogurt smoothie
- Chia seeds porridge with berries or your own choice of fruit
- Oatmeal with blueberry, strawberry, and chopped almonds/walnuts
- Fruit and yogurt parfait in a jar
- Easy-bake coconut muffins
- Butter, banana, berries, fruit toast sprinkled with chia seeds or cinnamon
- Apple rice crispy drizzled with honey
- Granola yogurt with kiwi or pomegranate pearls
- Peanut butter and banana smoothie. Drizzle your glass first with dark chocolate.
- Scrambled eggs with spinach and cherry tomatoes
- Egg muffins
- Banana and peanut butter pudding with chia seeds
- Zucchini pasta with bacon beets and black beans on the side
- Tofu salad and mashed potato
- Chicken noodle soup with french toast (sprinkled with cinnamon or drizzled with honey)
- Easy-bake coconut and walnut oats cookies
- Quinoa fruit or vegetable salad
- Apple granola bars drizzled in peanut butter or dark chocolate
- Oatmeal mixed with dark chocolate. Top it with banana, raspberry, blackberries, blueberries, or strawberries
- Banana and dark chocolate muffins
- Blueberry waffles with nonfat cream cheese
- Maple pecan or almond bowl with quinoa
- Heavy bagel. Have it with eggs, avocados, tomatoes, and spinach.
- No-bake fruit pizza (use gluten free crackers or graham crackers as your dough).
- Peanut butter and jelly pancakes, topped with your choice of fruit
- Breakfast Burrito. Have it with scrambled eggs, olives, chicken breast strips, and tomatoes
- French toast with Greek yogurt and your choice of berries. Sprinkle it with cinnamon powder.
- Peanut butter and fruit crepe
- Tuna and egg quesadillas with mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- When eating bread, pick the healthiest options such as:
- 100% whole wheat bread
- Flax bread
- Gluten-free bread
- Oat bread
- Drink fresh fruit juice instead of store-bought
- When using salad for dressing, don’t use one that contains mayo. Instead, go for the healthiest salad dressing alternatives like:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lemon or lime juice
- Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Honey mustard
- White/red wine vinegar
- Maple syrup or honey
- When choosing coffee as your morning beverage, do not put too much add-ons like syrups, whipped cream, and sugar.
Have a great day beginning with these delicious, healthy, and energizing breakfast meals!