Going keto mainly utilizes your body fat as an energy source, which also provides certain weight loss benefits.
To better explain, when you’re in ketosis, you can tap into your body’s stored fat that has up to 100,000 calories, readily available to be used as energy. This will help you maintain your energy for your day-to-day activities and allow you to push harder on your trainings without feeling burnout or constantly refueling.
Sounds amazing, right? However, this comes with necessary sacrifices. You need commitment, effort, and patience to make the keto lifestyle work for you. You have to eliminate almost all carbs from your diet, and get rid of sugar and unhealthy fats.
A proper keto diet consists of 60-80% healthy fats, 10-30% protein, and no more than 5-10% of carbs per day. You can only incorporate low carb foods and vegetables into your meal. Beverages that contain too much sugar should be limited, while trans fats, saturated fats, and highly processed foods must be avoided in order to reach ketosis successfully.
In all honesty, these are difficult to achieve. Especially if you’re the type of person who wants to ‘go keto’ but is too busy to monitor every calorie intake, someone who’s too occupied to prepare an ‘everyday keto meal’, or a beginner who knows nothing about keto.
This is where keto supplement comes in. They come in powder, capsule, and gummy forms, which help your body reach ketosis faster in a more convenient way.
What is keto powder?
Keto powders are the most popular nowadays. You can see fitness models enjoying their keto powder drink before or after their workout. Keto supplements are loaded with exogenous ketones, beta-hydroxybutyrate ketone (BHB),, which help your body to reach ketosis faster. Ketonesprovide energy when your glucose is too low for your body’s energetic needs.
There are two main types of ketone supplements:
- Ketone Salts - ketones that are bound to salt, commonly sodium, magnesium, calcium, or potassium. They’re largely found in powder form and mixed with water or any liquid.
- Keto Esters - ketones that are linked to another compound called ‘ester’, and are packed in liquid form. Keto esters are not readily available for purchase as ketone salts yet, since they are primarily used for research.
Why should you drink keto bhb supplements?
Both of the aforementioned ketone supplement forms can increase the blood ketone levels, similarly acting as what ketosis can do to your body if you follow a ketogenic diet.
This process of increased blood ketone levels, followed by a supplement, is very helpful for people who aim to transition into ketosis without strict keto diet, and for those who are just getting started in keto.
That being said, supplementing yourself with keto BHB supplements can give you all the other benefits of keto diet, including weight loss, mental acuity, and a boost in performance.
Though your keto journey will be much more effective and successful if you pair keto BHB supplements alongside a healthy keto diet and regular exercise.
However, despite the awesomely looking packaging of some keto powders, comes a taste that is truly revolting. Some manufacturers tried to make ketones more palatable by adding other molecules, like magnesium or calcium, to create ketone salts. Yet, this still didn’t solve the taste issue.
You can see some keto supplements in the market that contain raspberry ketones for added flavor, to magically make them taste good. But some just contain artificial raspberry fillers and fake ingredients which don’t have the same effect and benefits as faster ketosis. While keto supplements that consists of real raspberry ketones are hard to find.
But don’t let the taste stop you from trying it. Remember that the purpose of drinking exogenous ketones is not for the taste, but for its benefits of raising your ketone levels like mental focus, fat burning, energy for performance, and otheradvantages for your well-being.
In fact, a keto supplement that doesn’t taste good is a great sign. This means that the product has high levels, and a more concentrated amount of BHB exogenous ketones. But if you want an easier way to drink exogenous ketones, we have two solutions that can make your keto powder drink taste better:
How to Make Your Keto Powder Taste Better?
Slowly increase your ketone regimen
It may be tempting to scoop as many keto powder as you can to get much of its benefit as possible, but there won’t be any significant effect even if you do this. It’s because your body has been running on glucose as fuel for decades, and this keto process will be a huge shift to your body’s usual metabolism process. So allow your body for some time to adapt.
Try ¼ scoops first, then heavily dilute it in water. Give yourself a week or two before you transition into ½ scoop, and so on. Also, keep in mind that ketosis removes water from your body, so hydrate more and drink water with electrolytes.
This tip will help your body adapt to ketosis gradually, as you get used to the taste.
Experiment with your keto powder
There are 5 ways to turn your ordinary keto powder into a delicious and refreshing drink:
- Heavily dilute it in water and puts lots of ice to alter the taste
- Mix it in iced coffee or chocolate, then topped with non-fat cream
- Have it with ice and mint
- Blend it in coconut cream or almond milk
- Turn it into a smoothie. One of the best recipes you can try is to blend your keto powder with avocado, then topped with keto friendly toppings like nuts, if desired.
Looking for the best Keto BHB powder supplement? Read on…
Purely Optimal’s Keto BHB Powder - get in shape in a healthy & refreshing way!
Our Keto BHB powder contains the following ingredients to effectively assist your body kick into ketosis faster:
- Exogenous ketones
- GoBhb-D® - helps supply your body with the essential electrolytes
- GoFat®, - contains macadamia nut oil for your source of beneficial fats
- Acacia gum - an excellent source of soluble fiber for better digestion
- Macadamia nut oil
Reasons to try our keto powder:
- Lemon-flavored and tastes GOOD!
- It supplies your body with the essential electrolytes
- Levels up your water with flavor and nutrition
- Works as an excellent pre or post-workout drink
- Easily make the keto diet work for you
- Helps manage your cravings
- Takes your energy to a higher level
- Fuels your brain when your body is in ketosis so you can still function at your best