Omega-3 Rich Vegetarian Foods: Vegetables, Fruits, and Nuts
The road to being a vegetarian is not easy. Most of the time, lifestyle, diet, and food selection are pretty challenging.
Plus, you have to make sure that you’re getting enough protein, iron, and omega-3, which are commonly found in meat. That’s why you have to look for foods that came from plant-based protein, iron, and omega-3 sources.
Don’t let these minor drawbacks hinder you from going vegetarian or discourage you from continuing it. In fact, being a vegetarian actually has plenty of health benefits, such as having less risk of heart disease and cancer. It also promotes bone health, helps reduces asthma symptoms, lowers blood pressure, and prevents diabetes.
You can still supply your body with the essential nutrients without meat. How? Through vegetables, fruits, and nuts. have enough vitamins, minerals, iron, fiber, and omega-3 to maintain optimal health.
Why Do We Need Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
Omega-3 fatty acids play a vital role in a wide range of bodily systems and also contribute highly to proper cell functioning.
There are three kinds of omega-3 fatty acids:
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid)
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid)
- ALA (Alpha-Linolenic acid )
Fish and seafoods are higher in DHA and EPA, while plant-based foods are higher in ALA.
Omega-3 physical and mental benefits
- Physical benefits: Omega-3 fatty acids assist the integral component of your cells to function properly and more effectively. It also helps the pulmonary, cardiovascular, endocrine, and immune systems. Aside from these, skin and hair health (which matters a lot in terms of functioning and aging) also benefits from these fatty acids.
- Mental benefits: Studies also show that omega-3 plays a huge role in brain development too. This therefore decreases the risk of common mental health issues like ADHD, chronic depression, Alzheimer’s diseases, and bipolar disorder.
Omega 3-Rich Sources for Vegetarians
Aside from omega-3, the foods that will be mentioned hereafter are also rich in other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Brussel sprouts — Aside from being rich in vitamin C and K, Brussel sprouts are important for your immune and gut health. They are also rich in antioxidants and fiber that aids in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
- Seaweed & algae — Seaweed, spirulina, algae, and nori contain high amounts of potassium and other nutrients aside from supplying your body with EPA and DHA.
- Cauliflower — naturally high in vitamin B complex, C, E, and K, as well as fiber sulforaphane, folate, choline, and antioxidants that protect your body from cancer, while assisting in cognitive function.
- Spinach — contains many powerful nutrients such as vitamin A, C, K, folate, iron, potassium, manganese, copper, and calcium that are all important for immune function and prevention of diabetes, cancer, and abnormal blood sugar levels.
- Muskmelon — rich in vitamin A, C, potassium, beta-carotene, phytochemical, and other nutrients that strengthen your immunity to protect you against diseases. This fruit also keeps your gut healthy and regulates your blood pressure.
- Mango — aside from being the most favorite summer fruit, mangoes are high in vitamin A, C, K, calcium, manganese, potassium, choline, and folate that support healthy immunity to fight chronic diseases. This fruit also contributes to collagen formation, which acts as a scaffold in the layers of your skin.
- Avocado — an excellent source of B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, E, K, potassium, folate, protein, magnesium, fiber, pantothenic acid, niacin, and healthy fats that not just improves your overall diet quality, but also promotes good heart and gut health. Not to mention is really versatile and delicious to be added to different food recipes.
- Berries — known to be rich in antioxidants, berries help fight early signs of aging, and contain potent sources of vitamin C, K, fiber, and potassium, which are good for the heart, immunity, and skin health
- Cashews — cashew nuts are high in healthy fats, potassium, fiber, protein, and calcium that help eliminate toxins and free radicals in your body. Cashews are also linked with lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Walnuts — contain vitamin B6, folic acid, manganese, phosphorus, and copper, which aid in lowering bad cholesterol, while improving brain and heart function
- Almonds — are high in vitamin E, K, copper magnesium, protein, zinc, iron, potassium, riboflavin, and dietary fiber, which all save you from the risk of developing chronic diseases, cancer, and high cholesterol levels
- Hazelnuts — rich in vitamin B, C, E, copper, manganese, iron, and antioxidants. These vitamins & minerals protect your cells from damage and help wipe out the free radicals in your body.
Aside from the foods mentioned above, fishes like salmon, tuna, mackerel, and herring are potent sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
However, since vegetarians don’t eat fish, omega-3 supplements are the best alternative. Besides, supplying your body with the sufficient vegetarian-friendly veggies, fruits, and nuts on a daily basis may be tough. Especially if you’re a very busy person. Here, omega-3 supplements also help significantly.
Purely Optimal’s Omega-3 Fish Oil – for optimal brain function, immune system, eyes, skin, and joints support
Why try our Omega-3 Fish Oil supplement?
- It contains 1440 mg of Omega 3s (864 mg of EPA and 576 mg of DHA) that are all bound to give your body the protective care it needs
- Packed with essential fatty acids EPA & DHA to help manage cholesterol and blood pressure and keep your heart and blood vessels healthy
- Inhibit blood clots and plaque build-up
- With optimal benefits for brain function, immune system, eyes, skin, and joints
- Molecularly distilled to remove heavy metals and other contaminants to ensure purity
- Helps protect your eyes from dryness and delay age-relate deterioration in eyesight
- Has DHA to support brain and neurological function to improve memory retention & concentration
- No fishy burps!
Keep a healthy heart beat with our Omega-3 Fish Oil. Order HERE now!
Here are 5-star reviews from our customers who have purchased our Omega-3 Fish Oil
From Jean F. Boggs
“No fish oil burp. This is a huge plus for me.
I feel it is the highest quality fish oil I’ve had. I notice an improvement in my arthritis, especially in my hands. I’ve had thumb arthritis for many years, and this helps more than anything else.
This is a great value.”
From Daria F.
“My doctor suggests I take this along with other supplements. The other fish oil I was taking wasn’t enough and this gives me the right amount of what I need.”
From Daria F.
“I like the fact that it has much more DHA EPA in each capsule then most products for a very reasonable price.”