4 Different Ways to Keep Your Hair, Skin, and Nails Healthy & Strong
“Nails, hair, and skin are the window to health.”
It’s easy to go to the salon to get a nice haircut and hair color. But behind those treatments, are you really taking good care of your hair?
It’s easy to get your nails done with some good nail art and polish. But are you really taking good care of your nails after that?
It’s easy to spend money on expensive skincare products. But how about taking care of your skin's health?
Truth be told, it’s not about how much money you spend to look good. It’s about how much time you invest in taking care of what’s on the inside. Because if you’re healthy on the inside, you will naturally look great on the outside.
Here are different ways to keep your hair, skin, and nails healthy & strong.
For Overall Hair, Skin & Nail care:
Absorb plenty of antioxidants
Antioxidants are your key to graceful aging. They can help protect your hair follicles to prevent breaking and shedding, and help the skin repair itself.
Eating foods that are rich in antioxidants will boost your body’s natural antioxidant levels, which helps your body fight against free radicals and cellular damages.
Drinking water is one of the healthiest, most natural, and cheapest ways to take care of your hair, skin, and nails.
These are the beauty benefits of drinking enough water every day:
- Increases elasticity and plumpness
- Helps in rejuvenation and cell repair
- Gives healthy and natural glow
- Prevents skin dryness and dullness
- Gives shinier and bouncier hair
- Encourages hair growth
- Prevents split ends due to lack of nourishment
- Prevents unhealthy nails that brittle and chip easily
- Keeps nails hydrated, strong, and moisturized
Having healthy, strong, and beautiful hair, skin & nails don’t happen overnight. If you want to achieve it, this requires healthy habits, proper discipline, and consistency. Always eat healthy foods and don’t forget to incorporate protein and fatty fishes into your diet.
- Your body needs enough protein to produce amino acids, and amino acids produce keratin. This is why plenty of hair products nowadays have keratin in their ingredients. But eating foods that are rich in protein are much better and healthier rather than depending on topical keratin hair products.
- Fatty fishes, on the other hand, help keep your hair strong. They also boost your scalp’s health and aid in the development of skin tissue to keep it firm and elastic.
Boost your body’s blood circulation and oxygenation through exercise. This can give you that natural glow while increasing your body’s collagen production. This process will prevent dry hair, saggy skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Relax and destress
Relaxing and stress management are not just good for your health, but they can also maintain your beauty. If you’re going to ask the secret of people who look younger than their age, they will just tell you to smile and be happy.
It may be easier said than done, but there are plenty of studies and experiences where stress makes you look old, while happiness makes you feel young. It’s all a matter of choice, so choose wisely.
Get enough sleep
You will have healthier and stronger hair, skin & nails if you’re giving your body the sufficient sleep it needs to repair, rejuvenate, and produce enough collagen.
Sleep deprivation can lead to puffy eyes and early signs of aging. So never deprive yourself of sleep!
Supply yourself with the right supplements for hair, skin, and nails
Collagen, hair, and anti-aging supplements have the adequate nutrients you need to keep your hair, skin, and nails healthier and stronger.
These supplements also contain plenty of nutrients that you may not be getting from your usual diet.
Stay away from cigarette
The nicotine that is found in tobacco and cigarettes destroys your natural collagen and elastin, therefore making you look older. Your hair will lose its volume and shine, and your nails will appear yellow and brittle too. So stay away from smoking to prevent these issues.
For hair care:
Take care of your hair because it is the crown that nobody can take away from you.
You can do anything for your hair to look good, but the one thing that you should never forget is to maintain it in a healthy way. Here are some few points to remember:
- Get your hair cut or trimmed regularly. If you’re rooting for that long hair, a haircut may not be on your haircare list. But actually, getting your hair trimmed will get rid of the damage and unhealthy split ends. These two are the main reasons why your hair is not getting long enough. So don’t be afraid of a little trim to keep your hair in its best condition.
- Refrain from using too heat styling tools too often. Hair irons, hair dryers, and curling irons are fine to use occasionally. But on a daily basis, they’re a big no-no because they can damage your hair. There are still plenty of ways to style your hair without using too much heat.
WANT TO KNOW THE TOP HAIR SECRET EVERY WOMAN NEEDS TO KNOW? Click here!
- Use a silk pillow or bed sheet. Silk fabric not only looks luxurious, but it’s also gentle on your skin since it causes less friction and glides easily on your delicate skin. Plus, you can say no more to that static hair each time you wake up.
- Clean your face before bed. Even though you didn’t wear makeup the whole day, it’s still a must to wash your face before bed. This will get rid of the dirt and harmful impurities the naked eye cannot see.
- Don’t skip skincare. If you’re a low maintenance or budget-keeper, cleansing, toning, and moisturizing are all enough to keep your skin glowing, clean, and fresh.
- Avoid harsh chemicals. Always use gentle skincare products and none of those harsh chemicals.
- Shave carefully. Never ever dry shave, no matter how lazy you feel. Dry shaving is more prone to irritation, cuts, and razor burns. Use liquid bath soap or invest in shaving cream for smoother skin after shaving. Don’t forget to apply lotion after too!
For nail care:
- Stop biting your nails. This bad habit can weaken your nails and damage the surrounding skin. It can also cause minor cuts, which can lead to infection.
- Practice hygienic nail cleaning. Always sterilize your manicure set to avoid infection and use sharp nail clippers to avoid brittle or crack nails. Always be careful when using sharp nail tools.
- Nails need moisturizing too to keep them moistened and hydrated. Just rub petroleum jelly or virgin coconut oil on your precious nails and they will shine effortlessly.
Where there is health, there is beauty. Stay healthy, stay happy, and stay be(youth)iful!